Friday, August 10, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday

(This is not an original idea - one of the bloggers I follow posted this today, and it sounded like fun. At least once.)




1. The age I will be on my upcoming birthday is: 55. 

2. The best birthday present ever would be:  a weekend in New Orleans with my husband, all expenses paid. 

3. My favorite birthday to date was: my 16th. It's when my parents gave me my piano, and when I received my first diamond (from my grandmother). Music and jewelry -- what's not to love?

4. Birthdays make me feel: relieved. It could always be otherwise.

5. The worst birthday I ever had was: 54. The first without my mother.

6. When I was born: it messed up my brother's 7th birthday party. He's never entirely forgiven me for that, I don't think.

7. So far my favorite age has been: right now. 


All this seemed a little bit appropriate at least because although my own next birthday is not until spring, my amazing daughter-in-law is celebrating her 30th one today!   I will be forever grateful to her parents for raising such a loving, funny, wise, generous person. My husband always wanted a girl, and we got one finally -- full grown!  

She has added so much to our lives, and I can't remember what we were like before she was part of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment