Saturday, January 17, 2015

Putting the hem in my blessings.


In October of 2011, I wrote about my Mama's unfinished afghan. 
You can read about that by clicking the link under the photograph. 

Unfinished Symphonies


In September of 2014, I wrote about it again.
Follow the link below to read why.

It's a Boy and I'm Not Surprised



What I didn't tell you is that some months back, Ellie Vogt, the mother of my friend Melissa Allen, became aware of this story and volunteered to finish this project for me. I shipped it to her home in Florida, and with great sensitivity to what it represented to me, she undertook to finish it right where it was, adding nothing; no extra length, just enough to work the needles out and make it secure. She shipped it back to me quickly, and I've held it aside until today. 

Our grandson James Henry Lucas was born on January 15, 2015, and he came home today. And then I wrapped him up in the afghan his Great Granny started for him way back in 2011. 



"Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel."  Anonymous

*****

Thank you, Ellie. 

Thank you, Mama. 

Thank you, Jackie.

Thank you, God. 


1 comment:

  1. There is a lot of love in that afghan. I think Jimmie feels it and that a lot of folks in heaven are smiling.

    ReplyDelete