Saturday, August 28, 2010

Down By the Riverside

We had a great time at the riverfront today watching the Dragon Boat Races.   Here are some of my favorite shots that really pretty much have nothing to do with the races!  Click on photos to make them a little bigger, if you like. If you do that, just hit the back button to get back to the blog.  Thanks for looking!

Periwinkles and Storm Clouds
Most of the day held the threat of rain, but except for a very light and brief sprinkle at the end of the day, what we got were really nice breezes off the water.  

These are in wonderful planters all up and down the Riverwalk. 




These sculptures are also all along the Riverfront. 
 They really do cause you to do a doubletake!

See?  You looked again!


Water, water, everywhere -- below and above!


This might be my favorite picture from the afternoon, because I took it blind.  I couldn't see the viewfinder because of the glare, so I just aimed the camera in the general direction of the shot I wanted and punched the button. 


Chinese exchange students from AUM (I think!)
added to the spirit of the day.



Genesis 1:3-9

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Great shots!! Love the moodiness of the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are wonderful. Yep, love the darn looming clouds ones the best and the fireboat one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete